If you love bright spring colors and details galore, this post is for you!
I had the privilege of capturing Emily and John’s love story at the start of April here in Wichita Kansas. It was a nice day temperature wise, but mother nature threw us a curve ball with patches of rain here and there throughout the whole day. It totally worked out for us, as First MB church has a lot of options on the inside for fun photos. Thankfully we did find some coverage outside for plan B natural light photos of the bridal party.
I loved working with Emily and John. They are both so down to earth, love the Lord, and easy to get along with. It made my job a breeze on their wedding day and we had a blast together.
They had the most fun exit with streamers and Emily’s dad’s old Buick that started off their reception at Villa Luna in west Wichita. We had such gorgeous weather close to sundown, that we went outside around the venue for more romantic portraits of Emily and John.
Emily had the most amazing words to say about their experience with me!
“ I don’t have enough wonderful things to say about Amber. When planning my wedding, photography was the decision that I was least looking forward to – we all know how expensive it can be, and everyone says you get what you pay for. With Amber, you get even more. Of all the various vendors that we utilized for our wedding, Sublett Studios was by far my favorite decision of them all.
1. I didn’t feel like she was on the higher end of the pay scale, compared to some other vendors I looked at. Worth every single penny.
2. She is such a sweetheart and you get the feeling she truly enjoys participating in your wedding/life. Amber made our day a breeze – she created a schedule to pass out to family members and knew exactly what groups she needed to get and was quick but not rushed about it. She was so relaxed the entire day, even though she was fighting lots of stormy weather. Amber was forced to come up with a plan B to find some other locations around the church while the rain passed, and it worked out perfect. She used every single minute we had to take pictures.
3. My husband and I are relatively awkward people when it comes to getting a lot of attention, but she helped us feel very natural and calm to capture some amazing pictures.
4. She got our pictures to us QUICK. I know it probably helps that our wedding was at the beginning of April, so it was off-peak season, but I’ve heard sometimes it takes 6-12 months. Getting our pictures back so soon wasn’t even on my radar yet.
5. Sublett Studios has a client for life program, that if you hire them as your wedding photographer, you get discounted pictures taken on a yearly basis with her.
We truly look forward to continue building a relationship with Sublett Studios through the years and as our family grows.”